首页 翻译 什么叫“music to ears”?关于音乐的趣味俚语表达(2)

什么叫“music to ears”?关于音乐的趣味俚语表达(2)

接上篇:什么叫“music to ears”?关于音乐的趣味俚语表达(1) 11. SWAN SONG 11.最后的作品 This expression is used to de…

接上篇:什么叫“music to ears”?关于音乐的趣味俚语表达(1)

11. SWAN SONG

11.最后的作品

This expression is used to describe a final act before dying or ending something

这个表达式用来描述死亡或结束某件事之前的最后一个行为。

I am going to resign tomorrow. This project was my swan song and now that it has been completed, I will leave.

我明天要辞职。这个项目是我的绝笔,现在它已经完成了,我将离开。

12. RING A BELL

12.引起回忆

If something rings a bell, it sounds familiar, but you can’t remember the exact details.

如果有什么东西响了,听起来很熟悉,但你记不清确切的细节。

Harry Bertram? That name rings a bell, but I’m not sure if it was definitely him.

哈利·伯特伦?那个名字很熟悉,但我不确定是不是真的是他。

13. STRIKE A CHORD

13.引起共鸣

Used to describe something that is familiar to you, reminds you of something or is connected to you somehow.

用来描述你熟悉的事物,提醒你某物,或者以某种方式与你联系。

That poem really struck a chord in me, it reminded me of my youth so much.

那首诗真的触动了我的心弦,使我想起了我的青春。

14. CHANGE YOUR TUNE / SING A DIFFERENT TUNE

14.改变主意

When someone changes their opinion or their idea of something particular.

当某人改变了他们对某件事的看法或想法时。

You’ve definitely changed your tune since the last time I saw you! You used to hate this town!

自从我上次见到你以来,你肯定改变了你的主意!你以前讨厌这个城市!

15. FACE THE MUSIC

15.承担后果

You say this when someone has to accept the negative consequences of something that has happened.

当有人不得不接受所发生事情的负面后果时,你就这么说。

I’m not ready to face the music. I need to figure it out for myself before I speak to them.

我还没准备好面对后果。在和他们说话之前,我得自己想清楚。

16. FOR A SONG

16.廉价

If you buy or sell something for a song, it means it is very cheap.

如果你买或卖一首歌,这意味着它是非常便宜的。

I can’t believe I managed to buy all of this for a song, maybe the shopkeeper didn’t know what they’re really worth!

我真不敢相信我竟然用一点钱买了所有这些东西,也许店主不知道它们的真正价值!

17. PLAY BY EAR

17.见机行事

This means to deal with something in an impromptu manner, without guidelines or rules. It refers to playing music without using written connotation.

这意味着在没有指导方针或规则的情况下,即兴处理某件事情。指不使用文字内涵演奏音乐。

I don’t know what I’m going to say when she gets here, I’ll just play it by ear.

我不知道她来的时候我会说什么,我只能见机行事。

18. SEE YOU ON THE BIG DRUM

18.晚安

A goodnight phrase used for children.

孩子们用的晚安语。

Okay, get some sleep now. See you on the big drum.

好的,现在睡会儿。晚安。

19. AS CLEAN AS A WHISTLE

19.非常干净的

Used to describe something that is extremely clean.

用来描述非常干净的东西。

He may come across as someone who could’ve been involved in that robbery, but I have checked his records and they’re as clean as a whistle.

他可能会被认为是一个可能卷入抢劫案的人,但我查过他的记录,他们一清二楚。

20. BLOW THE WHISTLE / WHISTLE BLOWER

20.检举揭发

If you report an illegal or harmful activity to the authorities and give information about those responsible, then you are blowing the whistle and would be referred to as a whistle blower.

如果你向当局报告了非法或有害的活动,并提供了有关责任人的信息,那么你就是在吹口哨,被称为告密者。

John refused to make a statement for the police. He was afraid of losing his job if he blew the whistle on his boss.

约翰拒绝向警方作陈述。如果他向老板告密,他害怕丢掉工作。

本文来自网络,不代表一点学英语立场。转载请注明出处: https://www.engclick.cn/1323.html
上一篇
下一篇

作者: 一点学英语

为您推荐

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

联系我们

联系我们

010-00000000

在线咨询: QQ交谈

邮箱: Engataclick@gmail.com

工作时间:周一至周五,9:00-17:30,节假日休息

关注微信
微信扫一扫关注我们

微信扫一扫关注我们

关注微博
返回顶部